Organized by OSGeo and with more than 15 years of experience, this international annual gathering of location enthusiasts is the largest global gathering for geospatial software.
FOSS4G brings together developers, users, decision-makers and observers from a broad spectrum of organizations and fields of operation. Through seven days of workshops, presentations, discussions, and cooperation, FOSS4G participants create effective and relevant geospatial products, standards, and protocols.
Talks cover mainly this topics:
– Software status, new software/project development, benchmarking
– FOSS4G implementations in strategic application domains: land management, crisis/disaster response, smart cities, population mapping, climate change, ocean and marine monitoring, etc.
– Data visualization: spatial analysis, manipulation and visualization of geospatial data
– Data collection, data sharing, data science, open data, big data, data exploitation platforms
– Sensors, remote sensing, laser-scanning, structure from motion
– New trends: IoT, Indoor mapping, drones – UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle)-, Artificial intelligence – machine learning, deep learning-, geospatial data structures
– Open and reproducible science
– Standards, interoperability, SDIs
– Community & participatory FOSS4G
– FOSS4G at governmental institutions
– FOSS4G in education
– Business products powered by FOSS4G